Frequently asked questions
Is food provided?
We do not have a restaurant, however we can provide cheese platters as well as biltong platters. Its best to book these in advance.
For private events we do allow external catering.
We have seating for 45 people inside and 12 people outside.
With Covid regulations we have limited capacity to 25 pax.
Duration of tastings?
Wine tastings time's are really up to how quickly you sip on the wine! However, a good guideline is that our walk-in tastings last between 30mins to 1 hour. A private tasting tends to last slightly longer, between 1 and 1.5 hours.
Brief description of services available?
We offer a wide variety of services, both internally and externally. We are a fully operational wine shop and also do wine tastings in the store, both walk-in and private.
We also supply wines to external functions and offer off-site wine tasting and wine bar services.
Do you accommodate smokers?
Our establishment is strictly a non-smoking area. However, we are located close to an entrance where smoking is permissable.
What should I bring to class?
Bring a good attitude and an open mind. We love to educate, and our instructors’ backgrounds include advanced degrees in wine education and cellar stints at some of the world’s most respected wineries. What you give is what you get, and we encourage you to come prepared for a wine adventure!
What time should I arrive to events?
Seating is first come, first served. To ensure that your group can sit together, please arrive five to 10 minutes before class starts.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
1. Unless specifically stated on registration materials, all cancellation request must be received via email. The deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 1 day prior to the event.
2. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
3. No show / non-attendance on the day: Refunds will not be made for registrants that are unable to attend an event.
4. All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
5. Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or Invoice number as well as proof of banking details. All eligible refunds will be actioned within 7 days after receiving the refund request.
6.An admin fee of 5% will be deducted from the ticket price to cover the transactions fees.
7. You are free to transfer your space to a friend, a family member, or a colleague. Simply email us with your transfer request, and we’ll welcome your guests with open arms!
Will I have the opportunity to purchase wine after a tasting?
Yes, all wines tasted will be available for sale.